After lot of internet research and experiments, we found 7 things that are responsible to achieve high Pagerank. Before last Google Pagerank update, we did work to improve these 7 factors on our other blogs and saw positive results after pr update. Most of our blog got Pagerank more than 2 without doing a lot of SEO.
Here are the list 7 Factors that decide Pagerank of blog or websites:
1) Link-Building: Most of us know that Google analyzes the link building profile of a site in order to determine its Pagerank. That’s why, Quality, nature and number of links pointing to a particular site always helps a site to achieve high Pagerank. Beside this, the variation in top level domain and OBL of domain also helps Google to decide Pagerank of particular page.
So a rule of thumb is that, Build dofollow, quality, Niche related and sufficient backlinks to increase Google Pagerank. In addition, Also build nofollow links and links from various top level domains like .nr, .biz,.com,.ne,.uk etc, So that, your link profile always appear genuine.
You can check our link building section to know more about how to build quality backlinks easily.
2) Page-load time: This is another important factor that determines Pagerank of a blog at the time of PR update. Google takes a site with high page load time as a user-friendly site. And it’s already stated by Google in its webmaster guidelines, that Google always give priority to user-friendly sites. You can use tools like pingdom or Google Pagespeed Insights to check your blog’s page-load time. I recommend using Google page speed insights because it’s coming directly from Google, As well as provides recommendations to improve page-load time.
3) Internal-Linking: Internal linking is very important in-order to get high Pagerank. Internal link building offers several key benefits like; they keep internal web pages connected, hence easy to crawl by search engine robots. Internal links also pass Pagerank of one page to another page so very important from seo aspect. Apart from this, they keep related web pages connected so users can easily navigate a site, that’s why, increase usability of overall site.
So whenever you write an article, Always give some time to connect it with other articles of your blog.
4) Out-bound Linking: Many of us think, that only internal linking decides the Pagerank of particular site. But this is not true in current seo. Google hates site with less external links as well as complete nofollow sites. Not linking authority sites as well as linking authority sites with nofollow attribute both will not help you. Always put some reference, so that user can get further information on a particular topic by visiting the outbound links.
For i.e. if you are writing an article on “how to increase Google Pagerank” and in middle you discussed about the factors that determines Google Pagerank and linked to this post, Then Google will consider your article as authority or hub article and give it priority over other articles that linked Wikipedia for keyword like “Pagerank” from the post.
5) Social Stats: The overall aim of Google Pagerank is to keep the informative article at top of search results. Informative articles generally get shared, liked, or tweeted by users on social networking sites. Hence Google did a slight change in its Pagerank algorithm by giving emphasis to articles that are shared by users on social networking sites, Especially Google+.
6) Comments: Google uses many concepts of artificial intelligence in its Pagerank algorithm, one of them is Natural Language Processing. With the help of NLP, it tries to guess what actually an user’s opinion is on a particular article. Some of the people know about this concept, Hence they integrate commentluv and keywordluv like plugins to increase comments and increase Pagerank as well. So always try to interact with your users and try to respond every single comment.
7) Publishing frequency: Quality articles bring traffic, but frequently published quality articles bring traffic as well as Pagerank. So try to update your blog thrice in a week, it will help you to bring audience and to increase Pagerank.
We have discussed about some of the important factors above, But there are some more which are still hidden by all of us. Above mentioned factors work in a team; we can’t increase Pagerank of a blog by just improving page-load time. In order to get high Pagerank, we have to work simultaneously on all the factors that are listed above.
Do you think, any other factors also determine Pagerank of a website, Then comment it below, I would like to hear from you.