are going to learn an effective and free way to remove duplicate content from Google. So without taking much of your time, here is an in-depth tutorial on how to report and remove copied content from Google.
Find Copied Content From Your Blog:
In order to report and remove copied content from Google, First we need to find out which of our articles are copied by some other blogger. Here are the 5 free tools to find out duplicate content on google.
Report Copied Content to Google:
Once you find out the copied articles from your blog, It’s time to report duplicate content to Google. Here is a step by step tutorial on how to report and remove copied content from Google.
1) First of all go to Google DMCA page.
2) If copycat’s blog is hosted on blogger then click on “Blogger/Blogspot”, In-case if it’s hosted elsewhere then select web search. I am selecting blogger as an example.
3) Once done another drop down menu will appear and it will ask about “what can we help you with?”, Now you need to select the issue which you are facing, For i.e. our issue is related to copyright content, If it’s not listed in menu then Click on “I have a legal issue that is not listed above”.
4) After this, another drop down menu will appear. Just select “I have found content that may violate my copyright content”.
5) Once done, a new drop down menu will appear which will ask you “Are you the copyright owner or authorize to act on his behalf”. Just click mark on “Yes, I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf”.
6) Now it will ask you about the type allegedly infringing work or duplicate content, if somebody copied images or video from your blog and published without permissions or proper credit then click on image/video and proceed. In case somebody copied blog post or any other thing without your permission then click on “Other”.
7) Now you will get a form link to submit your request to remove duplicate content from Google search results.
Form is very much self explanatory, fill the form and submit it. Check following screenshot for reference.
Google only takes 5-6 days to act on your request to remove duplicate content from Google search results. If copied blog is blogger hosted then Google deletes the duplicate article and incase if its wordpress hosted then Google does de-index article from search results. Once your request is processed you will get a notification email from Google. This is an effective way to fight against plagiarism and almost 99% of times Google removes the duplicate content from search results. You can use this method to report any kind of duplicate content like blog posts, videos, images, sounds etc to Google.
It’s a good idea to report all the duplicate content to Google every month to keep your blog safe from Google panda update and to gain your stolen traffic & rankings back.
What you think on this article, any suggestions or queries on How to remove duplicate content from Google search results.